So, as I sat and slowly recovered from each surgery and medical procedure I walked around my yard. Looking at the things that I enjoyed about it and envisioning a place that could be even better. My escape from the reality that I was sick and not getting better anytime soon. I was determined not to sit inside, watch TV and just sleep. Even if I was outside in my jammies, at least I was out!
The back of my house faced south, which I enjoyed during the day but I wanted to enjoy the sunset's to the west. Kansas sunset's are actually very beautiful! The west side of my yard was very flat and I had enough distance between my house and the next house that I could have a beautiful sitting area. The perfect place to watch the sunset and wave to the neighbors walking down the street.
Again, I started my day at Lowe's. Going and buying large pavers to lay down so that I could create a patio. I only bought a few at a time. I did not have the strength and energy to do much more then that. It took several weeks but I finally had them all down in a large rectangle, maybe 15x20 and I created a paver walkway that led to the front driveway. I was lucky and did not have to dig or level anything. It was not perfect but I was ok with that. I had lived too long being perfect at my job, I enjoyed doing this on my own, on my own term with my own imperfections. I am not perfect so why should my patio be? I then used tiny pea pebbles and spread them over the entire surface so that the pebbles fell into the grooves of the pavers. It gave it the look of small little pavers that I had put together to form one large patio. Ha! A trick to the eye! I was so pleased with what I had accomplished! During my trips to Lowe's, I got to know the Lawn and Garden employees pretty well. They knew I was sick and could tell when I was having a good day or a bad day. I look forward to seeing them and telling them what I was working on because I had sheltered myself from everything and everyone else. So, I needed to completed another project. The patio could not be finished because then I had no reason to go back to Lowe's. What was next?
No comments:
Post a Comment