I was feeling really tired, drained and not very happy even though I had accomplished quite a bit. I decided to do something that I never do-take a break for myself. I sat down and tried to read a book and within 10 minutes I experienced such a terrible pain in my stomach I thought I was going to die. I knew it was not my appendix, because that had been removed years earlier. As I have said before, I am a single mom. My girls were not home at the time and even if they were they were too young to drive.
I crawled out of my house to the neighbor seeking help, but she was unavailable. The neighbor across the street came running over to help me, got me in the car and rushed me to the emergency room. I was in so much pain I did not care that he had been drinking. It was a Sunday, sports was on and he must have been celebrating in a special way. Even though I was in serious pain I was laughing in my head that I was allowing my drunk neighbor to drive me to the hospital. **Next time, I will just call 911**
What was something relatively minor turned into a nightmare, with an 8 day stay in the hospital that is still impacting me today-I am not ready to share that yet. You will have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment